Saturday, January 5, 2013

Zenfolio - My Review

I previously wrote that I was working on a list of resources for photo bloggers.  That's still coming, but as a compulsive overplanner, I decided I had to do something other than just "learn" today.  So I spent the afternoon taking the plunge into Google+ and working on the fine tuning the search engine optimization of Zenfolio for Google.  Don't worry, I'll get into various aspects of SEO later, but for now I want to talk about Zenfolio.

With only a little swearing, I am learning the finer points of Zenfolio.  For those of you who don't know, Zenfolio is a web host designed for photographers.  While I generally don't care for template sites, its not too bad.  I know many people love them because you can just pick a theme and colors, plug in your content and you are ready to go.  Why don't I like template sites? Because I go back to the days of writing html code in a text editor.  Everything can be EXACTLY as I want it.  But now days with all the scripts and widgets and whatnot, its more work than I really want to go through.

Zenfolio DOES give many options in regard to theme, color, and layout.  The price is reasonable, AND you can sell photos directly from your site, with a wide selection of finishes: more than just glossy or matte, canvas wraps are available as are metallic finish prints.  You can also purchase a huge assortment of gift items from keychains, calenders and coasters to t-shirts, tote bags, and tickets.  There is a wide variety of sports related items as well as holiday goods.

I highly recommend Zenfolio.  By the way, my referral code is ZP9-5T8-X3X.  If you are looking for a company to host your photography site, please use the code.  You can also visit my site at http://rickarmstrongphotography.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment